Tuesday 31 May 2011

Flowers, Lunch, Tea & A Bunny

Yesterday was such a great day!  My cousins Melanie and Sharlene and Aunt Trish came over for lunch and we had the best visit!  Sharlene is due to have a baby girl in August so I was thrilled to pass along some things to her that Sydney had outgrown.  To thank me, she brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, they brightened up my kitchen and my day!  I love Stargazer lilies, this bouquet had one fully opened and three more ready to bloom, so beautiful!




My Aunt had recently been in Burns Lake, the town where I grew up.  When she was there she ran into my best friend Brandie and mentioned that she was coming to see me.  Brandie, being the amazing person that she is, got a little package together for me and sent it down with my aunt so I got a lovely surprise gift from her when the girls arrived for lunch yesterday! 


Brandie sent a beautiful pottery dragonfly mug and Black Forest tea from the Driftwood Pottery studio in Burns Lake for me and the sweetest little stuffed bunny made with real wool for Sydney.  She loved it, it's the perfect size for her to tote around!  I had three cups of tea today in my new mug and thought of (and missed!) Brandie every time! 


I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful life-long friend in Brandie and wonderful cousins and Aunt!  Am looking forward to adding to the girls club with the addition of Sharlene's new baby in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment