Tuesday 31 May 2011

Lilacs

I love lilacs.  When I was a little girl my Grandma had a lilac tree in her front yard and every year we would wait in anticipation for it to bloom just so that we could smell the fragrant blooms!






The summer before Sydney was born we planted a lilac bush in our garden.  I've always thought of it as Sydney's plant and, like her, it grows more beautiful each year.  This year is the best yet with about twenty blooms!  Lilacs only bloom once a year, usually around Mother's Day here in Vancouver but with our unseasonably cold and wet spring they are just now blooming, about three weeks behind schedule!  Aren't they beautiful?










I even cut a bouquet for my kitchen one evening and when we come downstairs in the morning we were greeted with the most amazing smell!  Welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment