Sunday 12 June 2011

A Budding Artist

Sydney loves doing art projects.  One of her favourite ways to spend time with her nanny, Beth is do art.  Her latest passion is stickers, she will create beautiful collage-like pictures covered in stickers from top to bottom!  I literally find stickers all over the house, in the dishwasher, washing machine, floating in the bathtub, in my plants.....She also loves painting, colouring and stamps.





I have slowly been accumulating art supplies for her and have them contained in an "art basket" that sits in the kitchen.  She will often dig through the basket and get out her crayons or paints or stickers and start working on something without being prompted, it's very cute.  As you can see, the basket is overflowing, I need to find a bigger one! 







I recently bought her this very girly pink camouflage pencil case for her crayons, paint brushes and stamp pad at the Kid's Market on Granville Island.  She loves it and totes it around the house quite often!



The other night when Paul and I were out at the aquarium fundraiser Beth and Sydney made a card for Daddy with both his birthday and Father's Day fast approaching!  Isn't it beautiful?  I thought it was so funny that Syd chose to put a monkey sticker on it because she is Daddy's little monkey, that's for sure!  I think I may have a budding artist in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment