Sunday 5 June 2011

A Day At The Aquarium


My friend Kelly and I decided to take our babes to the aquarium this week.  I have been taking Sydney there since she was literally a couple of months old but this was the first time that she was actually pointing things out to me in fascination instead of the other way around!  It was so neat to see her notice the fish and sharks and turtles and birds.  She was too cute, walking through the place as though she owned the joint.  It was fun to see how comfortable she is there after many, many visits together!








One of my favourite things at the aquarium are the jellyfish.  I have a dream of one day having a jellyfish tank at home.  It would be so cool to sit and stare at them swishing through the water, almost therapeutic after a hectic day with a toddler!  Sydney also loves the "jellies" as we call them, I may have an aspiring marine biologist on my hands!




 
We also had the chance to take in the new amazon exhibit which was very neat!  By far, the cutest thing I have ever seen are the Goeldi's monkeys.  One of them had just had a baby and was carrying the teeny-tiny little one around on it's back the whole time, it was too precious!  Reminded me of the days of packing Sydney through the aquarium in the Ergo! 






All in all it was great to once again take in one of Vancouver's fantastic attractions and to have a visit with Kelly and her sweet babe Theo!

No comments:

Post a Comment