Thursday 23 June 2011

A Day Trip to Bellingham

Sydney and I spent the day in Bellingham, Washington today.  I have long been an avid cross-boarder shopper and am so happy to be able to take my girl shopping for the day in the States!  We had a great day together, hit up Bellis Fair mall and loaded up at Target on all our favourite things.  Am so excited that they will be coming to Canada in 2013 and are opening a store at Oakridge Centre, ten minutes from home and right next to where Syd will be going to preschool!

At least once a month I try and get to the states to go to Trader Joe's.  If you have never been, you really have to go!  They have amazing organic food at a fraction of the cost of Capers or Whole Foods in Canada and an assortment of other interesting things that you can't find elsewhere.  Here are a few of my favourite things that I get there:

Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas


Need I say more?  They are SO delicious, the perfect sweet treat for a hot summer day or really any day that you feel like you need a chocolate fix with a little less guilt because of the banana inside!

Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough


These are the best ready to bake frozen cookies I have ever come across.  They come out of the oven all hot and gooey and everyone always thinks that I made them myself!  They are so perfect to have on hand for those occasions when you have a friend popping by and don't have anything to serve them!  Just pop these babies in the oven, make a pot of tea and you're set!

Tandoori Naan


We love curry in our house and naan bread is one of our favourite things to order when we're out for Indian, but it's really hard to get good naan bread at home.  This stuff is amazing, it's frozen, but warms in the oven for literally two minutes and you'd swear that it came right out of a tandoori oven, soft warm, melt in your mouth, yet thick enough to soak up any curry sauce.  I buy six packages of these at a time, they are awesome!

Reduced Guilt Brownie Mix


I haven't actually tried this before but thought I would include it because I'm sure they are going to be great and are another thing that's perfect to have on hand for those unexpected guests.  I always like to try something new every time I go to Trader Joe's and this was it for today.



All in all a very successful shopping day, got all my errands done and came home with a car loaded down with yummy goodies from Trader Joe's!  God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment