Wednesday 15 June 2011

Happy Birthday Paul

Yesterday was Paul's birthday.  Every year when I ask him what kind of cake he'd like me to make for him he says "a money cake"!  Did you ever have one when you were a kid, a cake with coins wrapped in wax paper baked into the middle, they were awesome!  Well, being that I had limited time to make a cake this year, Paul got his second favourite, an angel food cake.  I cheated and made one out of the box, it couldn't be easier and was so yummy!  It was a lovely treat with fresh sliced strawberries and kiwis and a dollop of whip cream!



We are having a dinner party with family and friends for Paul this weekend to celebrate but being that Paul's actual birthday fell on a Tuesday evening I thought I should make him a slightly nicer dinner than normal so I made my famous rack of lamb baked on a bed of cherry tomatoes along with baby potatoes, asparagus and orzo on the side.  It was delicious.  We topped it off with a bottle of 2004 Burrowing Owl Merlot which we had gotten when we were at the winery a few years back, it was the perfect pairing with lamb!






All in all it was a very special evening together and we're looking forward to continuing the celebration this weekend with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment