Saturday 11 June 2011

Lanterns

We bought an outdoor fireplace this year.  After years of saying I'd like to have one, we finally put actions to our words and got one!  It inspired us to turn an unused portion of our backyard into a sitting area complete with patio chairs, ottomans and a table all centered around the new fireplace.

The area looks great, except something was missing.  Both Paul and I agreed that it would look great to have a lantern on the table between the two chairs, so off to the stores I went to find one.  I looked at a bunch of places and couldn't seem to find anything that would work so I turned to Craigslist, which, once again, saved the day. 





These two beauties were $5 each from a lady in our neighborhood who was moving.  They looked so cool all rusty but since we really wanted a black lantern Paul took black rust paint and painted them.  I was hoping to do before and after pictures but got outside a little late with the camera and he had already started painting the top of one of them!





They look so great and were such a find!  Will enjoy them all summer long while hanging out in the backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment