Wednesday 1 June 2011

A New Wok

A few weeks ago both Sydney and I were super sick with the flu for over a week.  Right around the same time, my beloved electric wok that was a Christmas present from my Mom many years ago decided to pack it in.  Little did I realize how much I used that wok in making dinners until it was broken!

So started the search for a new wok, I finally settled on the Breville electric wok and wouldn't you know it, the week both Sydney and I are home flat on our backs sick, it was on sale for 50% off at London Drugs.  So, my wonderful other-half trekked four blocks in the rain from his office to get me a new wok.  It was worth all the effort, I love it!  It has the most amazing non-stick surface I have ever seen and cooks so evenly!
















One of my favourite stir-fry dishes that I make using my wok is from the Best of Bridge Cookbooks, Sweet and Spicy Cashew Chicken.  There is about a thousand ingredients in it but is it ever worth the effort!  You can tell from my cookbook that I've made it a few times from the dozens of splatters!  :)





It is a lot of chopping and grating and the sauce takes a bit to get together but once it all comes together it is so yummy!  I didn't have any red pepper or snow peas on hand when I made it today so I substituted asparagus and orange and yellow pepper, it was fine in a pinch!





So now I am on the search for some new and amazing stir-fry recipes to make in my new wok, let me know if you have any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment