Wednesday 8 June 2011

Summer Sippers


I took a trip to my local liquor store the other day in search of some great wines to enjoy on the hot summer days that are (hopefully!) ahead.  After a two year hiatus from drinking while being pregnant and nursing, I was excited to spend a while wandering down the aisles seeing what's new and rediscovering some of my old favourites.

I came home with three bottles of lovely summer sippers, light and crisp whites.  Two are old favourites, the Bouchard Aine & Fils Chardonnay is a lovely buttery wine with a great crisp finish and is amazing value at only $12 a bottle!  Yalumba Viognier is another excellent Australian white that is perfect for a hot day in the backyard and is one that I have enjoyed many times before.  The Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio is one that I haven't tried before but was rated at 90 points so I figured it was worth a try! 







My other absolute favourite summer drink is a gin and tonic with a twist of lime so I couldn't leave without a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin.  As an added bonus, this bottle came with a free lemon squeezer which will make adding the twist of lime a little easier!


Am looking forward to trying a few new wines throughout the summer and spending many a long lazy afternoon in the backyard sharing drinks with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment