Monday 20 June 2011

A Toddler Bed

Sydney has been refusing to sleep in her crib for the past several weeks.  I'm not sure what changed for her, but she has now claimed Mom and Dad's bed as her own for both naps and nighttime. While I do love having her in bed for the extra snuggles, both Paul and I are not getting a great sleep with her wriggling and rolling all night long between us.  I was struggling with what to do to solve the problem until the other night...

I went out to pick up dinner for Paul and I after putting Syd to sleep in our bed and when I came home Paul had converted her crib to a toddler bed.  I have to admit that I wasn't mentally ready for the crib to be gone and got a little teary-eyed thinking that my baby was gone and in her place was a full grown toddler who was capable of getting in and out of bed on her own!

The next morning when Sydney woke up, Daddy took her to her room to see her new bed.  She walked right over to it, grabbed her stuffed giraffe off of it and walked off as though nothing was new.  Over the next few days she gradually got used to climbing in and out of bed and is now sleeping for both her nap and part of the night in it!  Amazing!  Daddy knew what he was doing all along!




Goodbye crib, hello Big Girl Bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment