Tuesday 12 July 2011

Appetizer Night

Up until a few years ago, I had a tradition of having one night a week as "appetizer night".  Every Thursday night instead of cooking dinner, I would make one or two appetizers and crack a bottle of wine and call it dinner.  It was a great way to find a ton of new recipes and to get out of having to make a full-blown dinner one night of the week!  I like to say that I was having tapas long before it was trendy!

One of the appetizers that I discovered on one of my Thursday appy-nights was Layered Crab Dip from the Best of Bridge cookbook.  It uses ingredients that you would mostly have on hand and takes five minutes to put together and is so yummy with rice crackers, wheat thins or a sliced baguette. 

I made it this week as an after-work snack for Paul, didn't have any fresh parsley so had to use dried, it looks way fresher and brighter if you do have the fresh parsley on hand!  I also used extra-hot cocktail sauce which knocked his socks off, next time I'll just use the regular! 


I'm thinking of reinstating Thursday appy-nights again just so that I can rediscover some new recipes!  Here's the one for the crab dip if you want to try it yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment