Tuesday 26 July 2011

Cozy Coupe


When Sydney was a few months old I decided to cash in my air miles and get her a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe car.  I tucked it away in the basement and nearly forgot about it until the other day when I was straightening up a few things and uncovered it!

So I decided that I was going to surprise her by putting it together one night after she'd gone to bed, and have it waiting for her in the kitchen when she woke up.

Now you'd think after years and years of buying un-assembled furniture from IKEA, that I would be better at putting things together, but fear still grips my heart every time I open a new box and see step by step picture instructions detailing how to assemble it.  This is what it looked like when I opened the box, a pile of plastic pieces, a giant box of small bitties and no less than thirty one step by step instructions...



It took me three nights to get this thing to look anything like a little car and twice I had to call Paul downstairs to help me figure something out....easily the most frustrating toy that I have ever had to put together!!

In the end it was so worth it, it is such a cute toy and she was thrilled this morning when she saw it in the kitchen.  She jumped right in, slammed the door and started driving around and honking the little horn.  I thought that it was very meaningful that the Cozy Coupe's 30th anniversary was the year that Sydney was born, 2009.


 

I did have a few mysterious pieces left over after I finished putting it together, hoping that I didn't miss anything too important and that the entire car doesn't come apart one day when Sydney's driving along!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment