Wednesday 27 July 2011

Cupcakes for Melanie


Today is my cousin Melanie's birthday.  This past Monday, Sydney and I had the chance to celebrate with her when she came over to spend the day with us.  We went to the Thai House for lunch, it was Melanie's first time having Thai so, being the seasoned pro that I am, I ordered up way more food than we could possibly eat so that she could try a variety of my favourite dishes.  We enjoyed every mouthful and had plenty of leftovers to take home!

After lunch we came back to our place for cupcakes and tea.  It was a very fun time celebrating together.  I feel very blessed to have Melanie as my cousin and my friend.  We have had a close friendship for as long back as I can remember.  For many years before Sydney was born, Melanie and I would have a once monthly "date" and meet up to go for dinner at a great restaurant or do something fun together.  It was a good excuse to try new places and always offered the opportunity to stay connected.


Melanie is also a very special person in Sydney's life.  She is the only babysitter that Sydney has ever had, and I can honestly say that I never think twice or worry in the least when Melanie's looking after Syd.  She has always been great with kids and Sydney is no exception.  Mel has graciously offered to babysit many times since Sydney's been born so that Paul and I could get out to spend a little time alone together.  I will never forget when Syd was about two months old, Melanie came with me to the spa so that I could have a facial and held Syd while she slept in her arms the whole time we were there.  As an exhausted new Mom, that day meant more to me than I could express!

So Sydney and I had fun baking these cupcakes for Melanie.  Syd loved the icing part, ate almost as much as she put on the cupcakes and covered the entire kitchen in little sprinkles but had oh so much fun doing it!  It was a blast, I look forward to many more days baking with my little girl! 



Happy Birthday Mel, we love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment