Saturday 30 July 2011

Gardening Day


Today was a very productive day of getting things done around the house.  Paul was up super early this morning and out gardening at 7:30am.  One of the many things that I admire and love about Paul is his amazing work ethic and the fact that he keeps our home and garden in meticulous shape!  He spent three hours toiling in the garden this morning trimming and weeding and digging.  When he finally came into the house he was exhausted, sweating like a dog, covered in dirt from head to toe and had gashed his knee open on a branch ~ poor guy!

At the end of it all he ended up with a dozen piles of clippings this size:

The garden looks amazing, we were out admiring it this afternoon, everything is perfectly shaped and pruned.  I was teasing him saying that it looked like a giant bonsai garden!  Check out these perfectly shaped cedar bushes, all done freehand by Paul this morning!






It felt great to get all of the outdoor work done, I was smiling to myself tonight thinking about the other day when I had my friend over for tea and as she was leaving she commented on how nice the garden looked and asked who my gardener was.  I smiled and said "It's this guy named Paul, and he's fabulous!"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment