Sunday 24 July 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my Mom's 65th birthday.  I have been thinking about her all day, wishing that we could be together today....and everyday for that matter!  It's hard living five hundred miles apart!! 

My Mom is an amazing person, she is steadfast and loyal, hardworking and determined.  She loves us all fiercely and is an incredible Mom and Grandma.  She has taught me so much about loving people unconditionally, working hard at all times and maintaining a positive and no-nonsense attitude.  I am so grateful to have her for my Mom!

Among her many talents, my Mom is a great seamstress.  She even made her own maternity clothes when she was pregnant with us kids!  I swear I would have worn a sheet with a hole cut in the middle like a tent if I had to make my own!  The last time my Mom was here to visit, I had just finished redecorating Sydney's bedroom.  I was having a hard time finding a toddler duvet cover in the pattern that the nursery designer had recommended so my Mom graciously volunteered to sew one using a fitted sheet.  Not only did she have to search high and low to find a zipper the right size for it, but she drove two hours out of her way to get some edging to make it a little more feminine.   A small example of my Mom's bottomless love for us all!

So thank you Mom for everything that you have given us, both big and small.  We owe you everything, I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the person that I am today without you!  Love you!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment