Friday 15 July 2011

Little Entrepreneurs


Today after exercise class Sydney and I popped into Angus Bakery which is right next door to the gym.  This little hole-in-the-wall bakery makes lovely fresh pastries and sandwiches so I often go in to buy Sydney a croissant or scone as a treat after class. 

Today the owner's son, Barry, who is about 8 years old, was there helping his parents as he is off school on summer holidays.  He had a table set up in the bakery selling his handmade artwork for 50 cents each, it was too cute!  I love it when kids have an entrepreneurial spirit!  I am the first one to buy a glass of lemonade from a stand in the neighborhood and love seeing little eyes light up when you place that money in their hands!

So Sydney and I got this beautiful painting from Barry today:


It reminded me of many months ago when Sydney was just a couple of months old, Paul and I were taking the baby for a walk past her second cousin Issy's house.  Issy and his friend were staked out in front of the house selling their artwork that they had spent all afternoon making.  I bought this one from him and it hung in Sydney's room for many months!  She still loves it, all those bright colours!!



Nice to see the entrepreneurial spirit alive and well in this next generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment