Monday 25 July 2011

Potty Time


For the past several weeks, Sydney has been giving me every indication that she is ready to start potty training.  She asks every day to sit on the toilet, asks for some toilet paper, wipes her bottom and flushes the toilet.  She even knows to wash her hands right afterward!  The only thing she hasn't figured out, is what to do when she's sitting on the potty, although I'm pretty sure that that will come in no time as this morning she told me that she had a dirty diaper and pointed to the bathroom.  Smart girl!

The other day when we were at my friend Rachel's house for a visit, I took Syd into the washroom with me before we left for home.  She was thrilled to see a little potty in there and immediately sat down on it, as though she'd done it a thousand times before, which is strange, seeing I don't have one for her!  She then proceeded to carry it around the house like it was her new favourite toy. 


The cutest part was watching her run back and forth from the bathroom fetching toilet paper to put in the potty!  She loved it so much that Rachel sent it home with us as her little guy wasn't interested in it at all!  Sydney was thrilled and absolutely loves sitting on it every time I am in the bathroom.  The other day she was sitting on it reading a book....she's like her father in so many ways.....


So without being mindful of it, I think I may have started potty training Sydney.  My baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment