Monday 4 July 2011

Rosemary


I have always wanted to grow my own herbs.  I have long had visions of meandering into my herb garden in the backyard and clipping fresh mint or thyme to put into whatever dish I happened to be making....Unfortunately I seem to get within ten feet of any herbs only to watch them dry and shrivel up until they are unrecognizable.  I have tried and tried to nurture plant after plant only to end up throwing them in the trash and buying fresh herbs every time I need them.



I have had a pitiful looking Rosemary plant in the window in my kitchen for a couple of years.  I love cooking with rosemary, rack of lamb, rosemary and olive oil potatoes, orange and rosemary roast chicken...the list goes on!  So today when I was grocery shopping and saw this bushy, green and lush rosemary plant I simply had to have it!  I planted it into the same terracotta pot I had the old one in, said a little prayer and put it back in the same spot in the kitchen window...we'll see how it goes....in the mean time it is lovely and fragrant and keeps me dreaming about one day growing a successful herb garden of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment