Friday 8 July 2011

Susi


This is Susi.  She is the owner of the Bare Fit and Pregnant studio, a fitness centre for pre and postnatal fitness here in Vancouver.  Susi has definitively changed my life in a way that is hard to put words to, I feel very blessed to have her in my life!


I have to admit that when I got pregnant, I felt quite worried that I was going to gain a ton of weight and never be able to lose it and struggle with my weight forevermore.  So when I was about four months pregnant, I started looking around for prenatal fitness classes in my neighborhood so that I could, at the very least, stay somewhat fit while watching my belly grow!

I found Susi's studio online and decided to give it a try and have never looked back.  Twenty nine months later I am still going to her classes with Sydney in tow!  The workouts are great, always different but consistent at the same time.  By the time I went into labour with Sydney I have to say that I was arguably in the best shape of my life.  I felt so strong and fit, it was incredible and so much more than I ever expected!  The postnatal classes were the same, I lost my baby weight in no time and have continued to gain strength and feel great about my fitness level, for that alone I owe Susi a debt of gratitude.


But beyond the exercise, what has changed my life the most about Susi's classes are the friendships and community that I have built with the Moms there.  Since moving to Vancouver from a small town, I have always missed that sense of community and it is so wonderful to have it back!  There are a core group of about a dozen Moms who all had babies around the same time as me and we have remained friends, get together socially and share the good, bad and ugly of motherhood with each other on a daily basis.  It has made my experience as a Mom so much richer.  I often think about how neat it will be when our kids are all teenagers to tell them that they've know each other, literally, since before they were born!

So thank you Susi not only for giving me a strong and fit body but for the love, support, friendship and comradarie that you have enriched my life with!

No comments:

Post a Comment