Thursday 21 July 2011

Sydney's New Dollhouse


I have an ongoing list of toys that I want to get for Sydney as she gets older.  The list seems to be growing longer and longer and the items getting progressively bigger.  I'm starting to think that this could get costly, so I once again turned to Craigslist to see if I could find any of the items that I was looking for and hit the jackpot this week.

This awesome wooden dollhouse from Kidcraft is well over $150 brand new but I got it for a mere $40 and it is in perfect condition.  Apparently the little girl who had it, got it as a gift and never really played with it.  I was only too happy to take it off their hands! 


So Sydney and I drove downtown this week to pick the dollhouse up.  Only thing was, I didn't look super closely at the dimensions and when I got there was shocked to see a towering three foot high structure, it's literally taller than Sydney is!  It was awesome!  I had to have it, only problem was, how were we going to fit in in the car to get it home?

The poor Dad who was selling it and I struggled for half an hour to jimmy-rig the thing into the car and at long last found one way only that it would slide into the trunk.  I had visions of splinters of wood everywhere when we closed the trunk lid, but made out okay.  It was too funny in hindsight, like something out of a bad sitcom!

Sydney was so excited when we got it home!  Check out the little chandelier!  It came with a few pieces of furniture but I am going to get her more and maybe a Barbie or two to fit inside.  It was exactly what I was wanting for her and hopefully she will enjoy it for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment