Thursday 7 July 2011

Tea Party


Another great joy about having a little girl is being able to have a daily tea party with her!  Earlier this year I got Sydney a tea set and little table and chairs.  She loves it, in fact we use it not only for our daily tea party, but for painting, coloring and puzzles.  We have in fact just moved the table into the kitchen as Sydney has been refusing to sit in her highchair to eat, so she now dines at her own little table, it's adorable!


I searched around for the longest time to find just the right tea set for her.  She wasn't quite old enough for an actual porcelain set yet so I settled on this one from Green Toys.  It is perfect for her, she pours a cup of "tea" for both she and I and then adds some sugar and stirs both with the little spoons.  We always have little biscuits out on the table too and she loves feeding them to me, so sweet!




I often have other Moms over for tea and absolutely love when Sydney and her little visiting buddy sit at the table and have tea while the Moms are doing the same!  The other day I was dreaming about taking Sydney to the Empress in Victoria for high tea when she's a bit bigger, what fun it's going to be!  In the mean time we'll be enjoying our own version of high tea right here in our kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment