Monday 22 August 2011

Cupcake Day!


What a fun morning I had!  Today was the third class of my cake decorating course that I've been taking at Michael's craft store.   We learned a variety of different techniques today, especially how to make the coolest flowers with icing and a piping bag!  I could seriously whip up a batch of a hundred cupcakes right now and not run out of ways to decorate them!  Such fun!

In the end, we filled the cupcakes with chocolate cream (okay, mine was Nutella, ran out of time to make anything!) and ended up with eight decorated cupcakes:




I especially love this one with the rosettes and leaves:

This one is called a Shaggy Mum: (I have to admit sometimes I feel like a shaggy Mom!)

And this is a pom-pom flower, also one of my faves:


These two I just made up on my own, but liked the way that they turned out never the less!



I am feeling inspired to make cupcakes for Sydney's second birthday which is coming up at the beginning of November!  It is such fun to do, there is really no wrong way to decorate a cupcake so you can unleash your creativity and come up with whatever you'd like!  It's fabulous!



Looking forward to our final class next week where we decorate an entire cake from start to finish using all the techniques we've learned, should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment