Monday 29 August 2011

Final Cake Day!


Today was the final day of my four week Wilton basic cake decorating course.  We had such fun today, learned how to write iced letters and to make roses from icing before decorating our final project cake. I decided that I wanted to make the traditional rose bouquet cake from the Wilton instruction manual. In the end this is what my cake looked like:

I made each and every one of those roses and leaves myself, I'm pretty proud of them!


When I got home, I decided to add a few more yellow rosettes around the side and as a top border just to balance the cake a bit more.  I'm not sure which way I like best, they are both great!  I haven't quite gotten to the point where I've been able to cut into the cake to eat it, it was a lot of work and I want to have one more day to admire it before letting my family devour it! 

 
It was such fun seeing the creative cakes that everyone came up with in class today.  I've learned so much over the past four weeks and am feeling inspired to put all of my new tools to use and bake some cupcakes and cakes to share with friends!  I have a whole new appreciation for the amount of work and effort that making a beautiful cake takes! 

It was fantastic to unleash some creativity again and to learn something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment