Thursday 25 August 2011

Fresh Salmon


Last weekend, Paul's receptionist, Tamara, and her husband went salmon fishing at the river in Hope.  They caught a ton of sockeye salmon and she brought some to the office for Paul and I to enjoy this week.

I rarely cook fish, mostly because I live in a house of carnivores and everyone's usually hungry after only having fish for dinner, so it was a real treat to have fresh salmon.

I thumbed through my recipe book to find a simple recipe where I could bake it in the oven and found this one for Herbed Balsamic Salmon that I had clipped out of a Chatelaine magazine years ago.  It was so easy and really delicious!  The balsamic vinegar really added a nice zing to the dish.


Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try:

Herbed Balsamic Salmon

4 salmon fillets
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, mint or cilantro or a combination of them



Lightly oil small baking pan.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place salmon in baking dish.  Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salmon.  Cover with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until salmon flakes easily in the center and is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment