Tuesday 30 August 2011

Music With Marnie


Today was the first day of a three day Music with Marnie camp that Sydney and I are taking at the Kits Community Centre.  Sydney and I have taken several sessions of music classes with Marnie over the past two years.  Her classes are so fun, lots of dancing and musical instruments and at one point she fills the entire room with bubbles and sings her famous "I Love Bubbles" song.  The kids go nuts racing around the room chasing the bubbles, it's awesome!

Sydney was so funny this morning, all the other kids were up jumping and dancing and she was sitting quietly in my lap just observing for most of the class.  I kept trying to convince her to get up and participate but she would always return to her seat on my lap within a few short minutes.  It didn't dawn on me until later that she was simply doing what we had been doing at another music class for the past few months.  We took a break from Marnie's classes to try something new and went to a class where she was required to sit quietly on my lap for the full 45 minutes....Needless to say we both hated the class and were so glad to see it over with but it was funny to see that Sydney was trained to stay on my lap during the music.  Hopefully we will retrain her over the next couple of days of camp and she'll be up boogying and singing with the rest of the kids!


Marnie and her Rock and Roll Band do performances all over the province.  It was fun to see her again today and to hear all of our old familiar favourite Marnie songs.  Looking forward to the next couple of days with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment