Sunday 28 August 2011

My Nightly Routine


I feel as though I spent most of today getting ready for the week ahead.  Baking and preparing for my final cake decorating class tomorrow, doing laundry so we'd all have some clean clothes to wear, getting paperwork together for our nanny's last day on Wednesday.  It was a much busier Sunday than I would have liked!

Every night after I get Sydney off to sleep I have a nightly routine that pretty much never changes.  After taking a few minutes to check and reply to the day's e-mails and doing my daily blog entry, I head down to the kitchen to clean up from the day's meals.  I wish I could say that I clean up the dinner dishes but to be quite honest, I usually haven't had the chance to clean up from breakfast yet, so it's a bit of a monumental task by that point.  After cleaning every last dish and picking up countless numbers of toys and shoes and dirty laundry, I set Paul's breakfast out on the island so it's ready for him in the morning.


Yes, yes, I know, he's spoiled.  I have been doing this for him for years along with making him a sandwich every single night so that he can take it to work for lunch the next day.

I have to admit, that after years of doing this same routine, I was finding it a bit tedious. So tonight I was trying to think of ways that I could make it a little more inspiring.  I thought that maybe what I could do is write a little inspirational sticky note to Paul every morning and leave it with his breakfast. 


I do so appreciate the fact that Paul works so hard for our family and that Sydney and I get to stay home together and have such a wonderful life all because of him. There have been many mornings where I have felt a little sad that he had to trudge off to the office while we had a day full of fun things planned!  So I figure the least I can do is make sure that he's fed and watered throughout the day and maybe add a little joy to his morning with a note reminding him of how much we love and appreciate him.

Plus it makes my nightly routine a bit cheerier thinking of something funny or meaningful to write for the next day's sticky.  Hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment