Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Trip to the Toy Store

I am finding as Sydney gets older that I am really enjoying being able to do more structured activities with her.  She really enjoys being given a task or project and completing it.  I am always looking for new things to add to her art basket as she loves colouring, painting, stickers, stamping....anything where she can create something! 

The other day I was up on Dunbar shopping and stopped by the Splash toy store to have a look around.  They have a great assortment of art supplies there so I took the opportunity to pick up a couple of things for Syd.

I got this set of playdough and cookie cutters for her.  I hadn't tried playdough with her before but once I showed her how to roll it out and cut out "cookies" she absolutely loved it!  She's been very good about not mixing the colours together and returning the playdough to their containers when we're done playing.  It's been a great distraction for when I'm making dinner!


I also got her this stamp set by Melissa and Doug.  The stamp pad has washable ink, thankfully as she has discovered that she can stamp on so much more than just mere paper! 

It was fun to get her a few new things and they have proven to be lots of entertainment especially over the past few days as we've been trapped in the house while she's been under the weather!  

No comments:

Post a Comment