Sunday 21 August 2011

A Weekend of Babies!


I got a text early Friday morning from my cousin Sharlene to tell me that her water had broken and that she was in labour.  After many trips back and forth to the hospital, she ended up delivering her precious baby girl by c-section at 1:46am today.  It was so awesome to be able to be in contact with her throughout the many stages of her labour and to think back to my own birth experience with Sydney.   It was the best day of my life, I can honestly say I have never been the same since, so it was especially meaningful to share the experience with Sharlene over the weekend! 

Just to add to the joy of the weekend, my friend Andrea, who was almost two weeks overdue, texted me this afternoon to tell me that her babe had finally arrived last night, a little boy, Hatton Grey.  Hatton's big brother Aaro is one of Sydney's best friends, so we are dying to get to meet the newest member of his family and share in the excitement of Aaro becoming a big brother! 


So it was a weekend full of babies for us!  Paul and I managed to get out for a date night last night too which was lovely, went for dinner at Romer's Burger Bar on Fourth Avenue, then for a walk and coffee.  It was a lovely, relaxing time together and nice to have some one-on-one time!

Looking forward to meeting both of the new babes and introducing Sydney to her newest cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment