Thursday 8 September 2011

A Cool Idea

One of the hallmarks of having a toddler is dealing with a very fussy eater from time to time.  When Sydney was starting to eat solids, one of her favourite foods was yogurt.  For the past six months or so, she will not touch yogurt with a ten foot pole!  Even if I try and trick her to try a little on a spoon she'll spit it right back out! 

I was getting a bit frustrated trying to ensure that she was getting enough calcium, especially given that she also refuses to drink milk.  I had tried sneaking yogurt into smoothies, oatmeal, sauces...anything in a desperate attempt to get her to ingest some.

So the other day when I was shopping I saw these Yoplait yogurt in a tube things and thought that I might be able to get her to eat it from a tube, she might think it was cool and forget that she was eating yogurt.  Nope, she didn't want a thing to do with them....in desperation I threw them into the freezer thinking that maybe she would eat one frozen on a hot day and think it was a popsicle.  Wouldn't you know it, it worked like a charm!

She has been eating one a day since I froze them and thinks they are a treat. 



I couldn't be more pleased!  It was a very "cool" idea and so nice that something worked at long last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment