Wednesday 7 September 2011

First Day of Preschool

Tomorrow is Sydney's first day of preschool.  I can't believe that it's actually here already!  I went to the parent orientation meeting at the school this week and have to say that I am feeling much more excited about her starting preschool now that I've met the teachers and staff and seen the space where she'll be spending two mornings a week. 

The classroom is very cool, filled with all sorts of different stations for the kids, everything from water and sand tables to a reading corner, puppets, artwork and dress up.  It looks like it will be a ton of fun and I'm sure that Sydney will enjoy herself and the other kids.

This week and next are gradual entry, meaning I get to stay in the classroom with her while she's getting used to everyone and the new environment and after that the goal is to leave her on her own....we'll see how that goes.  Sydney is very much a Mommy's girl, likes to be in my presence pretty much 24 hours a day so it may be a little bit of a challenge to get her comfortable enough to see me go.  Fingers crossed that it goes more smoothly than I'm anticipating!

In preparation for her big transition to preschool I wanted to get Sydney a little backpack to take to school with her.  I hit up my favourite store, Pebble, and unfortunately they had no backpacks in stock!  As I was standing in the store brainstorming about where I would go next to hunt for the perfect little backpack the lady in the shop came up to me and said "I do have this one backpack in the back storage room, it was a demo model from this great company out of New York, you can have it for a discount if you'd like."  I turned around to see the cutest little ladybug backpack I had ever laid eyes on!  In a moment, I knew I was meant to have this backpack, I have been planning Sydney's second birthday now for a number of weeks and we are doing a ladybug theme....it couldn't have been more perfect!


So off I went with my girl's new little backpack.  She has been trying it on all week and walking around the house with it strapped to her back, very cute!  Tonight I packed it up with the list of things that we are supposed to bring tomorrow and in the morning we will head off to school and I will undoubtedly have a few tears in my eyes.  My little girl is growing up fast!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment