Sunday 11 September 2011

I'm Lovin' It!


I can honestly say that before I had Sydney, I hadn't been to McDonald's in at least ten years.  Okay, maybe once or twice with my nephews in that time when they were younger, but I never went there to eat on my own.  I didn't actually envision myself frequenting McDonald's with my babe at all....until this summer.

You see, McDonald's had this deal on where you could get any size iced coffee for a dollar.  So I thought that I'd try one, just as a lark, one day, and wouldn't you know it, they are actually delicious.  And at a fraction of the cost of a Frappuccino, I figured I could drink as many as I wanted all summer long.  Which I did.....they were yummy.  So poor Sydney started recognizing those golden arches before I knew it.

Then, of course, there was this little problem of Sydney's love affair with ice cream.  I always felt a little guilty going into McDonald's for my giant-twenty-ounce-loonie iced coffee and leaving without getting a thing for Syd, so one day I bought her an ice cream cone to have.  Oh did she love it.  And remembered it.  The next time I was there for my coffee fix she was pointing to the ice cream machine and begging for a cone.  I had created a monster.

So now I truly do feel like a Mom, peeling my screeching child out of McDonald's promising her that we can get an ice cream the next time we're there!  It's kind of funny actually. 

So this past Friday, Paul and I happened to be in Kerrisdale walking past the McDonald's and we found ourselves under the spell of Sydney and her ever-so-convincing ways and got her yet another ice cream cone.  This time she decided that she didn't want it to go, but would rather sit at a table like a civilized toddler and eat her cone.  Precious!  Paul and I looked at each other and smiled, we really were lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment