Friday 2 September 2011

New Shoes

Sydney had grown a lot this summer.  I've been busy trying to buy her some new fall clothes as all of her pants seem a bit short at the moment!  I had this sneaking feeling that her feet had grown a bit too, so this week I took her to have them measured, and they had grown an entire shoe size since June!

So sadly, I had to get rid of many pairs of super cute beloved shoes that I had for her and go on a mini shoe shopping spree to replace them!  Have I mentioned before that I love shoes?  Well, I especially love the teeny-tiny version that I get to buy for my little girl!

I got her a new pair of running shoes, these wee pink New Balance 993 from Aunt Em's in Kits.  If you haven't been to this store, you really should check it out.  They have a fantastic selection of kids shoes, raincoats and boots, clothing and accessories.  It's our go-to place for Sydney's shoes these days!


While we at a play date at our friend Laura's house this week, she happened to mention that the Shoe Warehouse, also in Kits, was having a BOGO sale on kid's shoes.  Far be it from me to pass up on a deal such as this, so off I went to see if I couldn't stock up on a few more pairs of shoes for Syd and came home with four pairs, two for now and two for when she jumps a size again!

She absolutely loves this sparkly pair of Stride Rites:

And these super cute Sketchers too, a few of her friends have this same pair, I knew she'd love them!  They even light up when she walks!


My favourite was this teeny pair of Puma runners, I've always wanted to get her a pair, aren't they adorable?


We topped it off with a pair of brown Mary Jane shoes that she can wear with dresses etc:

 

So we're all set for shoes for the next season!  For Sydney anyways, somehow I'm feeling the urge to try a few pairs on myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment