Saturday 3 September 2011

Shopping Spree


I hit up a couple of my favourite kids stores the other day to get a few new things for Sydney.  I am finding that her learning is growing in leaps and bounds and that she is really absorbing so much right now, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get her a few new books and a matching game.  She is really into matching things right now, really thinks it's cool when she finds two things that are identical!

So off to Kidsbooks I went.  Now I purposely don't go to this store very often, mostly because I could literally drop our life savings at the cash register there!  They have the best selection of kids books, educational toys and just plain cool things in Vancouver, hands down!  I love everything in that store and have to exercise great self control every time I visit!

I managed to leave with only four books this time!  An alphabet book with flaps (Sydney loves flap books, very popular in our house!), another couple of fun flap books and a Sandra Boynton to add to our ever-growing collection of her great kids books.  She is fast becoming one of our favourite authors!


This is the matching game that I got for Sydney, the illustrations on each card are amazing.  We've already played with it a few times and she gets great pleasure out of matching up the images.  I chuckled as I read the suggested age of 5+ on the box....I'm thinking that you probably don't have to be in Kindergarden to recognize pairs....either that or Sydney's a budding genius ;)


After leaving Kidsbooks I headed to Pebble.  I adore this store, I often dream about opening up a shop exactly like this one day.  It has such a great mix of the best of everything you could need for baby all tucked away in a boutique shop on Arbutus Street!

I continued along in my educational theme and got Syd a ring of flashcards there:

Along with this very cute smock for doing her artwork to go with her new easel which just arrived:


And a new water bottle, the Klean Kanteen which could go down in history as the best purchase I have ever made for her.  Not only does she loves the bottle and want to drink water all the time now that she has it, it is BPA free, spill proof, comes with a lid for toting around and keeps the water fresh and cool without the awful plasticky taste that the other sippy cups all seem to have!  Brilliant!


I couldn't resist getting myself a little something to dress my diaper bag up, so I got this diaper and wipe carry case from Little Bird, a local company with beautiful handmade things:

  
And so ended my little shopping spree.  It was super fun to get some new things for Syd and to check out the latest at two of my absolutely favourite stores! 


No comments:

Post a Comment