Tuesday 6 September 2011

Sydney's New Easel

Sydney really loves art.  Anything to do with painting, stickers, stamps, or colouring will hold her interest any time of the day!  I have an ever-growing art basket of supplies for her and had been hunting around for just the right easel to round off her collection. 

I didn't love most of the easels that were available locally, but found this one made by Kidcraft on Amazon.com which I totally loved!  Only problem was, they wouldn't ship it to Canada so I ordered it to the mail pick-up in Point Roberts, Washington and Sydney and I did a little zip across the border a couple of weeks ago to pick it up.

It is fantastic!  It is made with solid wood and is super sturdy.  It has a chalkboard on one side, a white board on the other and a roll of paper on the top for her painting.  The easel came with the paper and paint, chalk and chalk brush, white board marker and eraser and paintbrushes and poster paint along with canisters to hold the paint to make it easy for her to access it all herself! 

Paul and I assembled it late one night and after breakfast the next morning I took Sydney downstairs to see it.  She was so thrilled!  She wanted to paint right away!  She loved the chalkboard too, hadn't ever used one before, so I think the novelty was quite something for her! 

This is her first masterpiece created on her new easel.  I like to call it "Little Yellow Fish".  I will post more in her fall series as they become available. 

 

She is really enjoying being able to do her artwork standing up instead of on her splash mat on the floor.  I look forward to her many artistic creations in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment