Thursday 1 September 2011

Welcome September!

I love the month of September.  I'm not sure if it's because my birthday happens to fall this month, or the memories of countless years of going back to school or what, but it has always been my favourite month of all!  I woke up this morning and looked in the backyard to see the leaves on our neighbor's tree had coincidentally started turning yellow.  The air had a definitive chill about it too, kind of that first-day-back-to-school feeling, all fresh and crisp.  It just feels like fall.

I always feel the sense that I should start something new in September.  I am looking forward to getting into more of a routine with Sydney after a lazy summer of being away from all our activities and structure.  I can't believe that Sydney starts preschool next week.  I was so excited to have her go when I signed her up months ago and now that the day is here, I am feeling a bit wistful thinking that every September from now until she's at least 18 I'll be dropping her off at school for the day.  Time is marching on way too quickly!!


 
I have signed Sydney up for three activities this fall: swimming lessons, music class and gymnastics.  That, along with two mornings at preschool, should fill our week nicely!  We have lots of things to look forward to this month, a long weekend in Whistler, a visit from my Mom for a week, birthday parties galore for Sydney's buddies turning 2 this month, Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish high holidays, and my birthday on the last day of the month.  It's going to be busy but oh so fun!  Welcome September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment