Friday 30 September 2011

What a Great Day!


What a fantastic and busy birthday day it was today!  Sydney and I went to her gymnastics class this morning and then ran a couple of errands and came home for a quick nap before we headed out for lunch for the second day of Rosh Hashanah at Paul's nephew's house.  It was wonderful to share the day with friends and family over lunch, I was delighted to hear a rousing chorus of "Happy Birthday" from the crowd!

After lunch, we headed over to my friend Andrea's house for champagne and the most amazing pumpkin cupcakes topped with decadent cream cheese icing!  We had a great visit with her and our friends Tracy and Alexis. Andrea is one of the most sweet and considerate people I have ever met, she went to so much work preparing everything to make my day special and gave me this great bottle of Red Velvet wine from the Cupcake vineyard, so sweet!


I felt very loved all day as I received phone calls, e-mails, texts and presents from loved ones remembering me.  It really was a lovely day!

When Sydney and I arrived home from Andrea's house, we were delighted and surprised to see two beautiful bouquets of flowers waiting for me on the front porch.  My friend Janice sent this lovely bouquet, the soft pink roses in it are amazing and perfect and the carnations fill the kitchen with the most amazing scent:


My friend Lori sent this absolutely stunning bouquet from Interior Flori, just love the colour scheme and the dark purple Calla Lily that the bouquet is built around:


Paul's sister also surprised me with this beautiful hand-knit scarf today, it will be lovely to wear this winter with all of my cozy black winter coats, the colours will be a beautiful contrast!

My favourite gift of all was from my best friend Brandie who sent me a matching hand made Mom and baby apron set in the mail this week.  I am always amazed at how connected Brandie and I remain even though we live five hundred miles apart and don't get to chat that often!  She read my mind with her gift as I was just thinking that I needed some new aprons and that it would be cute to get one for Syd too, didn't even think to get us a matching set...it is absolutely adorable and I look forward to many an hour in the kitchen with my girl in our new matching aprons!

 
I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family not only on my birthday but all throughout the year, it has been an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment