Friday 7 October 2011

And The Birthday Fun Continues....


I can't tell you how loved and encouraged I feel even a week after my birthday!  All throughout this week I kept getting messages from people wishing me a happy birthday and then this morning at gymnastics my friend Barbara surprised me with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers from Garlands Florists, one of my favourite flower shops here in Vancouver.


They are beautiful, pinks and purples galore!  My kitchen officially looks like a flower shop now with all of the gorgeous bouquets that I've gotten in the past week!  I love it!!  It really brightens up the house and makes me smile every time I see all the gorgeous blooms and think about the wonderful friends that gave them to me.



My brother Paul also took me out for lunch today to celebrate my birthday, we had a great sushi lunch at Sushi Mart, a super little spot on Robson Street downtown.  It was so nice to have a visit with him and such a nice treat to have him buy me lunch.  He got me two fabulous bottles of wine as a present, Painter Bridge, a Californian Zinfandel and Paul Mas Viognier.  I am dying to try both, he says they are both favourites of his, so they are bound to be good!


 
What a lovely day and birthday week it has been!  I am truly blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life and am so reminded of it at this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment