Tuesday 25 October 2011

Big Girl at Preschool


Today was a big day for Sydney at preschool.  It was the first time that I left her on her own for the entire class and actually left the building!  She did so well, cried for about twenty seconds when I first left and then was quickly distracted and settled right into class!

The preschool classroom was decked out for fall today with leaves, pine cones, pumpkins and rubber boots in paint-filled pie plates for a stamping art project.  Every day the teachers pull out different toys for the kids, today there were so many new things that I think it went a long way in keeping Sydney happily distracted!

So off I went to Oakridge Shopping Centre for an hour and a half to myself!  It was terrific, I did a quick grocery shop, tried on a bunch of clothes, bought a sweater and a shirt and had a quick lunch before zipping back to preschool to pick Sydney up.  I felt like a new woman by the time I got there, it was just enough of a break for me to recharge my battery and get a few things done so I felt as though my day had some sort of efficiency to it!  I am looking forward to many more days spent at Oakridge while Syd's at preschool, I have the feeling I'm going to know this mall inside-out by the time this school year is done!


The preschool partners with Scholastic Books so that the parents can purchase books for their children at a great price and the preschool can benefit with free books from Scholastic for every dollar spent by the parents.  I ordered Sydney a bunch of books a month or so ago and we finally got them today.  It was so fun looking through them all, Sydney was very excited to have some new books to read!  I was quite amazed at how many objects she recognized in the pictures in the books without ever having seen them before.  Such a little smarty pants!


Our day ended off with a visit with our friend Laura and her little girl Faith.  We played in the garden at her house, enjoyed another beautiful fall day outdoors!  Laura just had a new baby boy, sweet Felix, about seven weeks ago, it was so great to snuggle and cuddle with him today and we were excited to finally get to give him his present, some very cute wee little boy outfits!

So all in all a great day for Sydney, I am so encouraged that she is getting so comfortable at preschool and am loving having a few moments to myself to count on during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment