Tuesday 4 October 2011

Dinner Out with The Moms


Tonight was a very special night out with some mom friends to celebrate three of our birthdays.  My friends Sarah and Stephanie and I all have birthdays within five days of each other so we had a joint celebration tonight with a few of our friends at Novo restaurant. 

Novo has just recently opened up and specializes in thin crust pizzas and wine....I had this amazing truffled mushroom pizza and a wonderful Italian red wine, the name of which escapes me right now!  The server surprised us all by bringing us complimentary champagne when she heard that three of us were celebrating our birthdays!  It was a very nice treat!

The Moms really spoiled all of us birthday girls, I came home with an armload of presents!  My friend Cindy got me yet another beautiful bouquet of flowers, so bright and cheery.  My kitchen is starting to look like a flower shop with all of the beautiful flowers I got for my birthday!


My friend Katrin gave me this very unique gift, a set of silver plated cheese picks.  They are like toothpicks in a silver slice of cheese used for the centre of a tray to pick up cubes of cheese, very cool!  It will get used a lot when I have friends over for wine and cheese, I love it!


Nicole brought me some yummy treats, decadent cookies from Cafe et Gateau and some chocolate from Purdy's.  Both will not last long, I'm sure!


 
Stephanie, one of the other birthday girls, got me a very funky necklace from Ten Thousand Villages and a gourmet chocolate bar:

And my friend Sarah, whose birthday is tomorrow, got me this amazing silver cuff bracelet.  I adore it!  I was just thinking the other night when getting dressed up to go out for dinner that I could use a wide silver bracelet, it was as though she was reading my mind!


I left dinner feeling so loved and encouraged!  It was a nice pick-me-up after a long day with Sydney sick with a cold, and a crying fit to beat them all when I left the house to go for dinner.  I feel very blessed to have such amazing Mom friends to share the good, bad and ugly of motherhood with and it was such a pleasure taking some time to celebrate our birthdays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment