Sunday 2 October 2011

Hawksworth


Yesterday night my cousin Mel came over to babysit Syd and Paul took me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday.  It was so lovely to have an evening out together!  Poor Sydney has been going through a period of major separation anxiety lately.  She is just lost when she is away from me.  It's been very stressful trying to leave her lately!  I was feeling nervous about how she was going to be while Mel was watching her.  She did give her a bit of a hard time, cried quite a bit and asked repeatedly for Paul and I.  Mel is so great at dealing with Syd, it didn't faze her a bit, she took great care of her and had her sleeping like a baby within a couple of hours of us leaving!

Paul took me to Hawksworth restaurant in the newly renovated Rosewood Hotel Georgia in downtown Vancouver which seems to be the in place to dine right now! The restaurant is lovely, very chic, almost New York like!  We had a lovely wine, shared a 22 oz rib eye steak and enjoyed the special birthday dessert that they brought to the table for me at the end of dinner!  The only disappointing thing about dinner was the fact that the restaurant was so incredibly loud, it was like dining in the middle of a crowded bar!  We spent our entire dinner yelling across the table at each other to be heard...wasn't exactly the quiet intimate dinner that both of us had imagined but we made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves in the end.

After dinner we took a quick walk upstairs in the hotel to check out the rooftop bar Reflections.  What an amazing space this is, up top of the hotel overlooking the hotel pool and a flowing waterfall!  We will definitely come back to go for a drink here soon!

It was a lovely evening out together and nice to have a bit of one-on-one time with my honey as we don't seem to get a lot of it these days! 

Melanie brought me a lovely birthday gift yesterday too, some treats from the Squamish Farmer's Market, homemade honey and some organic hazelnuts!  I am so making some hazelnut bark with them, love the combination of hazelnuts and chocolate!


No comments:

Post a Comment