Monday 24 October 2011

Journals

 
One of the things that I really love about this blog is that it serves as an e-diary of sorts for me so that I can look back on my days with Sydney during this most magical time with her and remember all of the great things that we did.

This morning didn't quite turn out as I had hoped.  I have been searching high and low for a new housekeeper as I am really not keeping up with housework the way I should, and finally found someone great a couple of weeks ago.  She was meant to start this morning, I had been looking forward to it all week, every time I would see a dirty sink, or spots on the floor or sticky finger prints somewhere I would smile knowing that it was all going to be cleaned up today.  So you can imagine my disappointment when I got an e-mail from the lady I'd hired to say that she had been up sick with the flu all night and couldn't come today.  Sigh.....

So I texted my friend Sarah for some comfort and she suggested that Sydney and I come over to her place for a visit instead of staying home this morning so we headed over to her house and took the kids to the park.  It was a great visit, her friends Kate and Tee came over too and we had tea and chatted and the kids played and snacked.  It was a great morning hanging out with some very lovely Moms!

When I got home I got a text from my friend Janice who is 18 weeks pregnant.  She had just gotten home from her prenatal ultrasound and couldn't wait to share the news with me that she is having a little girl!!  So excited for her!  They have even named her already, Josie Anne, very sweet!  I can't wait to rummage through some of Sydney's clothes that she's outgrown to pass along to sweet Josie.

Janice and I have been friends since we were really little kids.  When she got married in Las Vegas five years ago, she asked me to be her bridesmaid.  We had the most amazing time in Vegas for her wedding and one of the gifts that she gave me for being in her wedding party was this beautiful journal with inlaid stone on the cover.  It is gorgeous!  I brought it home and tucked it away in my nightstand where it stayed for almost two years without a single note written in it!  The second I found out I was pregnant I dug it out and started my pregnancy journal which has now turned into my baby journal as I have kept writing entries periodically since Sydney was born.

Coincidentally, right around the same time that I started writing in the journal that Janice gave me, she had a very vivid dream about me being pregnant even though she was five thousand miles away at this point and we hadn't talked in several weeks!  It was almost as though she knew when I picked up that journal that it was meant to be for something special and it really was.  Janice and I have always had a very special connection and I am so thrilled to share this time of life with her as we are Moms together with our sweet girls.

Almost three years later, I have almost filled the entire journal with entries so I recently bought a new journal to continue writing in.  I love that it has the letter "S" for Sydney on the front.  I am so looking forward to passing these along to Sydney when she is an adult, maybe she'll read them when she's expecting her own baby and know how I felt while I was waiting for her to arrive!


It is a wonderful way to preserve memories, I am so glad that Janice thought to give me that journal many years ago, it is something I will treasure my whole life!

No comments:

Post a Comment