Monday 10 October 2011

Something Old is New Again


We have had a very mellow Thanksgiving long weekend, it's been really nice actually, I feel very relaxed and at ease.  Paul and I have spent the past couple of days getting things organized around the house, purging closets, de-cluttering and cleaning.  It feels so good to finally have gotten around to getting some things done that had been on my list forever!

One of the things I did was go through the walk-in closet in our bedroom and reorganize the shelves to take stock of what I needed for the upcoming winter season.  I quickly realized that I desperately needed to do some shopping so, while Sydney was napping on Sunday afternoon, I zipped out to South Granville and did two hours of power shopping.  It felt fantastic!  I came home laden down with bags, got a fabulous designer dress and blouse from Diplomatic Immunity and loaded up on knit sweaters and a great new poncho from Anthropologie who was having the most amazing sale this weekend!  It felt great to get some new things and I am so looking forward to wearing my new cozy sweaters in the cold winter months ahead!

As I was cleaning the kitchen I realized that I really needed a desk space that was all my own, a "command central" of sorts for all the household paperwork and somewhere to put my new laptop.  Paul suggested that I take over a little space in his den, so we went out to a few furniture shops to try and find a small desk that was just the right size to fit into the cubby that I was inheriting.  We didn't have any luck finding one so we got to thinking that the desk in the den at Paul's mother's house might just be the perfect thing. 

So this morning we drove over to pick the desk up, loaded it into the car and drove home ever so slowly with the trunk of the car tied down gingerly!  Paul cleaned up the desk as best he could and we got it set up in the den.  It's perfect!  Fits just snugly in the space we had made and has just enough space for everything I need to keep organized.  I am loving having a space that I don't have to share with everyone and am really enjoying the vintage look of the desk and chair!

 
Nice to make something old new again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment