Sunday 16 October 2011

A Sunday with My Girl

What a great day Sydney and I had today!  We woke up to an absolutely beautiful, sunny fall day outside so we decided to head to Granville Island to enjoy the weather.  We spent quite a bit of time exploring around the Kid's Market there, Sydney loved playing on the indoor slide and riding toys and looking at all the toy shops.  We fed the birds for a while, even gave a few Cheerios to some very tame Canada Geese, and found a new little coffee shop that served gelato so we shared a bowl of it as we gazed out at the water.  It was a little slice of heaven!

Before we left, we headed back to the Kid's Market to get a few things as we have birthday parties galore coming up over the next few weeks and I figured I may as well take advantage of the fact that I was there and that we had the time to get a few things.

Of course, who can forget that Sydney's birthday is fast approaching, so I got her a couple of gifts from Mom and Dad, this adorable ladybug purse, which she carried around her neck all over Granville Island from the moment I bought it.  it is from Kaboodles Toy Store, love it there!


Sydney also really loves watches, she often wants to wear mine and so I had told her that I would try and find her one of her own.  I had visions of getting a cheapie plastic one at the dollar store but when I saw this ladybug watch today, even though it may seem like a strange gift for a two year old, I just had to have it as it was so in keeping with our birthday theme!  She didn't see me buy it, I managed to sneak it while she was obsessing over her ladybug purse so it will be a surprise on her birthday!  The little ladybug on the face is the second hand, it moves around the face of the watch with every second, she's going to love it!


Sydney's friend Beau is turning two this Saturday and his party is Friday afternoon.  We got him two wooden toys from Knotty Toys, a Melissa and Doug stacking train set and a wooden chopper from Educo, here's hoping he's still into trains and things with wheels!


 
Sydney's other little friend Myrtle is having her party on Sunday.  Myrtle loves owls so I bought her the exact same purse as Sydney only in the owl version and a stuffed owl to go along with it which I will perch inside the purse when we give it to her.  So sweet!


I also found these very cool candles for Sydney's birthday cake that spell out her name, neat hey?


After Granville Island we headed to KJM Country Gardens in Southlands to hit up their pumpkin patch.  Sydney had a blast riding around in the Radio Flyer wagons and playing with the resident cat there as well as watching the chickens, goats and horses on the property.  We came home with the coolest "ghost pumpkin", this rare white pumpkin, and a beautiful potted Heather plant for Mommy!





It was a fantastic day with my girl, we so enjoyed our relaxed and lazy Sunday together and soaked up the sun and beautiful fall day!  What a great way to start my week!
 

We also got a little gift from New York this weekend.  Sydney's older brother Zach's girlfriend Miriam was there on business and got Syd this cutest "I Love NY" t-shirt and socks!  I have the matching t-shirt from when Paul took me to New York for my 30th birthday, will have to don it and get a picture of Syd and I in our matching shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment