Saturday 15 October 2011

Swap Meet

Another amazing, sunny fall day in Vancouver today!  We spent most of the day running errands and doing a Costco run, but I was up with the birds this morning to head off to a swap meet at the West Point Grey Community Centre first thing this morning!

Fall is the season when swap meets get going in full force, there is nothing quite like heading into a community centre packed full of tables overflowing with awesome kid's stuff and parents eager to sell it for next to nothing to clear their house of the stuff their kids have outgrown!  Paul took Sydney for a walk on the beach while I did an hour of "power-swapping", it was tons of fun!

I ended up coming away with some great finds, by far, the highlight of the day for both myself and Sydney, was this great tricycle.  It is pink and has Disney princesses on it to make it even better but Sydney absolutely loves it, she jumped right on it and knew somehow to put her feet on the pedals.  She hasn't quite figured out how to pedal by herself yet but both Paul and I had fun pushing her around the backyard on the trike this afternoon.


I also picked up this rocking chair, when I saw it I absolutely had to have it as it is almost identical to one that my Grandpa made for my sister and I when we were kids and brought back a lot of memories for me.  Sydney quickly figured out how to rock in it, very cute!


Also got some great toys for Syd, this wooden alligator on a string that clicks when you pull it made by Plan Toys was a big hit:


She also really liked this wooden "Little Pounder" made by Educo:


I couldn't leave without a stack of books for her as well and got some very cool flash cards for her too:


And some adorable wee furniture for her dollhouse, check out the nursery stuff, too cute!


I also got her a very sweet ladybug raincoat, in a size far too big for her, so we'll have to tuck it away for later but I can't resist anything ladybug these days with her both being a ladybug for Halloween and having a ladybug theme birthday party!  It really made me smile when Sydney saw it and let out the longest "Awwwww!"  So worth buying it just for that moment!

 
So all in all a pretty successful morning at the swap meet, can't wait to hit up a few more in the weeks to come, it's always fun getting some new things for Sydney and getting a great deal at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment