Tuesday 22 November 2011

Another Day of Friends for Tea...

 
This afternoon after Syd got home from preschool, we had our friends Saskia and Myrtle and Andrea, Aaro and Hattan over for tea.  After having served apple crisp yesterday when I had my friend Brenna over, I decided I'd do it again and made up a Blackberry Apple Crisp this time, tossing in some blackberries that I had frozen in the freezer in with the apples.  It was so delicious!


I found these super delicious mini pumpkin spice muffins at Safeway today and served those as well, they are so melt-in-your-mouth moist and the cream cheese frosting is just sweet enough to give it a little kick.  Sydney loved the frosting, ate it off the top of three of the muffins this afternoon!  Funny girl!


Saskia brought me a lovely, huge bouquet of Stargazer lilies, they are quite possibly my favourite flower of all time!  They will be so amazing and fragrant in a few days when they all open up.  I have them in my kitchen and will enjoy them for days to come!


Andrea baked some delicious cookies today too and brought some to share, salted milk chocolate peanut butter cookies and regular dark chocolate chip.  Andrea is an amazing baker, the cookies were so good, I kept nibbling at them long after the ladies had gone home!


The kids had a great time playing together.  It's been a while since I've had some of the kiddies over for a play date, so it was neat to see how much more mobile and capable they were!  They had fun playing with playdough and colouring and hanging out in Sydney's room checking out all the toys and books there and playing in my very unfinished playroom in the lower level.  Seeing them play down there really motivated me to get cracking on my new year's project of turning that room into a full-fledged playroom so that the kids can have a dedicated place to play stuffed full of toys when they come over. 

It was so nice to reconnect with the ladies and catch up on what everyone's been up.  It's amazing how busy our lives are getting as the kids are getting older with preschool and activities planned and trying to get a few other things done we really don't find as much time to get together and just sit and have tea as we used to!  It really feels like a treat now to be able to get together, so nice to have two days in a row of visits with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment