Wednesday 30 November 2011

Back in the Land of the Living


I have been missing in action for the past few days, stricken down with the flu.  I am just now starting to feel like myself again, it hit me pretty hard!  Thankfully, I don't get sick very often, but when I do it's usually a pretty sinister bug.  The worst thing about getting sick now that I'm a Mom, is that feeling of total helplessness when you can't even take care of yourself, how are you supposed to take care of your child?


In a funny way, I was actually glad for an excuse to get tons of sleep and rest for a couple of days.  I have been burning the candle at both ends for a few weeks now and had been thinking that I really needed to slow down and get more rest.  Funny how your body has gentle ways of reminding you to pull in the reigns when you've pushed it too far!!

Poor Sydney has had a boring couple of days hauled up in the house with me while I lay on the couch trying to entertain her.  This morning she woke up and exclaimed "Walk! Walk!", she really wanted to get outside for a walk!  I will have to make it up to her and get out and about a lot over the next few days so she can run off some steam!  I really couldn't blame her as it was the most amazing, sunny day today!  The sky was perfectly blue and it was cold and crisp!  I even heard a lawnmower today, mowing the lawn on November 30th, gotta love living in Vancouver!  At one point Sydney and I were actually lying on the carpet in a patch of sun shining through the windows sunning ourselves like a couple of cats!  It was pretty funny!


I have to say that during the past few days I have so felt the love from my Mom friends as I've gotten texts and e-mails as people were thinking of me while I was sick or offering to bring things by.  It is so nice to know that I have a community of Moms that are there for me during those toughest of days!

So, having lost a couple of days has set me back a bit, I had a lot scheduled this week to try and accomplish which has now all gone to pot...we'll have to try again next week!

In other news, I have just finalized all the details for our annual trip to Maui for the holidays.  I am so looking forward to the sun and sand and long, leisurely days soaking up that sweet Hawaiian air!

I am grateful to be feeling better and am hoping that between now and when we leave for holidays we can all manage to avoid any other bugs that are out there!  Tis the season!  Hope you are all healthy and well wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment