Friday 4 November 2011

Grandma's Little Ladybug


Today when Sydney and I came home from gymnastics we found a little parcel waiting on the front porch for us.  Inside was Sydney's birthday gift that my Mom had ordered for her from the Bradford Exchange.

In keeping with the ladybug theme of Sydney's 2nd birthday, my parents got Sydney this heirloom ladybug music box.  It is so cute and is just big enough when it opens up that you could store a necklace or two or a special ring.


Inside the inscription reads "Granddaughter, you're as cute as a bug!"  No truer words were ever spoken!  I know I'm biased, but Sydney truly is as cute as a bug.


The music box plays the song "You are My Sunshine", Sydney loved it so much.  She wanted to hold the ladybug right away and was so thrilled when I twisted the key and it started to play music!  I had to remind her several times to be gentle with it as it is made of porcelain and is quite fragile, I think she thought it was a toy, she looked a little confused when I told her that we had to put it up high on top of her bookshelf along with her piggy bank so it wouldn't get broken!


It will be a lovely heirloom for Sydney and was such a special gift from Grandma and Grandpa for her second birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment