Wednesday 16 November 2011

A Jump on Christmas Shopping

 
Today I had my new Mother's Helper here with me for a few hours to help out. I decided to take full advantage of her being here, and took her and Sydney to run some errands with me to get some early Christmas shopping done.

Each Christmas, for many years  I have put together recognition gifts for Paul's office to thank our referral sources.  I used to spend at least a month shopping for the gifts and put together the most exquisite baskets filled with decadent treats and then spend an afternoon driving around delivering them to the recipients.  It was great fun, I always had one room in the house that looked like Santa's workshop where I would keep my stack of empty baskets, cellophane, wrap and cards and would spend countless evenings huddled away putting them all together until they were perfect.

Then I had a baby....and being huddled in a room wrapping baskets suddenly didn't seem like my way of spending a quality evening!  So this year, I sourced out some amazing baskets that were already put together and looking beautiful and today Sydney and Eryn and I headed out to pick them up.


It feels great to have gotten a head start on the Christmas shopping and to have a few gifts that I can scratch off my list.  I still have a few more to go, but at least I've started, that's something, right?

When we got home, we found a little envelope addressed to Sydney in our mailbox from her friend Aaro.  It was his birthday invitation, the last birthday of the year for her little group of buddies.  His party is going to be a truck theme so we ran with the theme and found him this very cool gift:


It is a riding dump truck with noise-making buttons to push and a little concrete mixer in the back filled with Mega Block pieces.  Very cool, we hope he'll love it! We are so looking forward to his party, his Mom, Andrea, knows how to put on a party better than anyone I know!!

It was a great, productive day and I am feeling quite festive after having spent some time in the stores all decked out with holiday gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment