Friday 18 November 2011

A Snowy Friday

 This morning we woke up to this:


The first snowfall of the year.  Almost an inch and a half of heavy, wet, slushy snow covering the ground.  I really hate snow.  I know that's an unpopular opinion and strange, seeing I grew up in Northern BC where there is snow on the ground for literally eight months out of the year, but I really don't like it.  I never did get why everyone was always so excited for snow, the chance to play and roll in it.  To me, it was always wet and cold, two things I really don't like to be!

My feelings for snow may be soon changing based on Sydney's reaction to it this morning.  She was thrilled to see it out the window and belted out "Snow! Snow!" several times today.  When we finally got around to getting outside into the slushy mess, I asked her if she wanted to touch the snow and she said "No!"  Maybe it was the scowl on my face, maybe she just didn't want to get her hands wet, either way she and I hightailed it for the car and didn't look back at the wintery wonderland that was our backyard.

We didn't let this sudden blip in the weather stop us from getting on with our day, went to gymnastics, ran a few errands, came home to play for a while and quick snack and then met up with my brother for lunch downtown.  We had a great visit together with my bro, Syd was such a good girl in the restaurant, sat in her seat for most of the time we were there just playing with whatever was on the table.  She spent a good amount of time charming the people at the table next to us too, it was very sweet!

This evening we headed to Danny and Heidi's house for dinner.  We had such a good time, great food, and great company.  This is their beloved cat Nellie who Sydney absolutely adores:


She followed this cat all around the house and sat on her cousin Nathan's bed with it for a long time just stroking it and lightly touching it's eyes.  It is such a nice cat, didn't seem to mind at all that Syd was getting in it's space, just put up with her for as long as she could and then hopped off the bed and went downstairs....only to have the little red head follow it....


This is Sydney's second cousin Issy.  Issy and Sydney spent a good amount of time working together colouring tonight, it was very sweet.  Issy loves art, he is very artistic and talented in many creative areas. 


He decided that he was going to draw a portrait of Sydney tonight and send it home with us.  This was his final result:

So cute! I love how the hair is super curly and crazy looking, very life-like!  I asked him what the giant circles on her face were and he said "her rosy cheeks".  What a doll!

It was a lovely evening with everyone, Sydney had a super time and dropped into bed exhausted within minutes of us heading home, she really was all played out!

That was our snowy Friday, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment