Friday 11 November 2011

Sydney's First Haircut

Today was such a relaxed day at home with Paul home from work.  It was a blustery, windy and cold day today, such a mixed bag of weather that we really didn't feel like venturing far from home.  We woke up and had breakfast together, it's beginning to be a bit of a tradition on long weekends for me to make lox and bagels for breakfast for us, it was yummy!

Paul spent tons of time in the garden today raking leaves and trimming trees getting everything ready for the winter season and Sydney and I headed off midday to go have her very first haircut!!

Sydney's hair is her signature feature.  From the day she was born, people have been commenting on how beautiful her hair is.  Here is a picture of her just hours after she was born with a full crop of blonde hair:


Three months later, her hair had turned to this beautiful reddish-auburn colour and was starting to swirl on her head, shades of the curls that were to come:


And come they did!  In two years time, they have grown into this fantastic mop of curly red hair:


I literally cannot go out for even one day without a perfect stranger stopping me on the street to tell me how beautiful Sydney's hair is, it really is amazing!!

So you can imagine with all of the fuss about her hair, how nervous I felt about getting her her first haircut!  I had heard from many of my Mom friends that the kid specific hair places were a bit hit and miss, so opted to take her to my own hairdresser Aimee who has many, many years of experience cutting hair and sincerely loves children.

Sydney was so great for the haircut, she kept chanting Aimee's name, it was very cute!  She sat in my lap and watched TV while Aimee gave her a good trim all around.  She looks so sweet with her new cut, like my very own Little Orphan Annie!!

On the way out the door Amy handed me a little piece of tin foil and wrapped inside was one of Sydney's little ringlets for me to put in her baby book.  I will treasure it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment